Seguidores

domingo, maio 03, 2009

Leonard Cohen V - Story of Isaac


Rembrandt, The Angel Stopping Abraham from Sacrificing Isaac to God. 1635








The door it opened slowly,
my father he came in,
was nine years old.
And he stood so tall above me,
his blue eyes they were shining
and his voice was very cold.
He said, "I've had a vision
and you know I'm strong and holy,
I must do what I've been told."
So he started up the mountain,
I was running, he was walking,
and his axe was made of gold.
Well, the trees they got much smaller,
the lake a lady's mirror,
we stopped to drink some wine.
Then he threw the bottle over.
Broke a minute later
and he put his hand on mine.
Thought I saw an eagle
but it might have been a vulture,
I never could decide.
Then my father built an altar,
he looked once behind his shoulder,
he knew I would not hide.
*
(Há uma versão cantada por Suzanne Vega)



1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

A voz inconfundível do grande Leonard Cohen, agora uns tons mais grave. E a versão da Suzanne Vega é muito boa! Apesar de ainda se manter no activo, deixámos de ter notícias desta grande senhora da música norte-americana há muito tempo. Os ouvidos modernos preferem cantorias de fraca qualidade... E hoje em dia, qualquer badameco é cantor.