Seguidores

segunda-feira, abril 06, 2009

Leonard Cohen IX - Take this Longing



Esta canção foi escrita por Leonard Cohen para Christa Päffgen (e com ela como inspiração). Christa era uma cantora alemã que usava o nome de Nico e actuou com os Velvet Underground. Tinha a curiosidade de ser praticamente surda, como Leonard Cohen recorda:

"I gave her that song. She sang it to me a couple times but never recorded it. Nico was very strange. I tried to talk to her and she always replied very mysteriously. No matter what you said she always replied in a curious fashion. It was only after many weeks, after being perplexed by her conversation and paralyzed by her beauty that she told me she was deaf. She responded to everyone with whatever came into her mind because she could hardly hear a thing. Which explains her particularly strange style. But I definitely wrote "Take This Longing" thinking of her."

Sem comentários: